[mythtv-users] Trunk Broken? MainServer: HandleRemoteEncoder(cmd GET_STATE) Unknown encoder: 1

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed May 19 13:03:47 UTC 2010

* On Tue May 18, 2010 at 11:19:57AM +1000, Christopher Kerr wrote:
> My understanding is that running a tunerless backend is an unsupported
> configuration. What's my best option for fixing it properly?

If you're running trunk, you can try running your master without a
tuner and report any issues you find.  I made some changes to fix
the only known issue with tunerless backends in the following
commits.

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/24245 and
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/24246

The master backend should no longer complain about starting up with
no tuners configured.  It will print a warning still though.  The
scheduler should also now run on tunerless masters, but I have not
extensively tested this, so feel free to report any bugs with
proper backtraces, etc..

If you find any issues with tunerless backends (both master or slave),
you can open a ticket and assign it to me (cpinkham) and I'll take
a look.

--
Chris