[mythtv-users] Distro for Asrock Nettop ION330Pro ?

Håkon Alstadheim hakon at alstadheim.priv.no
Thu May 20 10:17:02 UTC 2010

Håkon Alstadheim skrev:
> Hi all, just ordered an Asrock Nettop ION330Pro for a new Myth FE, and
> I'm debating what distro to run on it. I'll be using the box for
> viewing h264 content with AAC sound, (including some weird streams not
> completely supported by current 0.23-fixes).
Thanks to everybody, and a sommary:

I figured that clicking "install" on the mythbuntu CD was so little
effort that I'd try, and it seems like this is a good choice. I have
only tried 720p content (no 1080) so far, so there is still a slight
chance that I'll need a custom compile on at least parts of the system.

Things to remember: set shared ram to max (512 ) in BIOS, pick
proprietary nvidia driver when the installer gets to asking about video
driver.  Pick VDPAU renderer in the MythTV setup.

Almost a no-brainer, but you still have to pay attention and not just
click "Next" on auto-pilot. The default for type of install for instance
is combined FE/BE, so you have to keep your brain engaged and select FE
only.