[mythtv-users] Two machines, one has pre-buffering, once doesn't

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu May 20 12:53:01 UTC 2010

Hi

On 20 May 2010 22:08, Christopher X. Candreva <chris at westnet.com> wrote:
> Definately not networking.  I copied the file to the frontend's local hard
> drive, played it from Videos, and had the same "WriteAudio: buffer underrun"
> errors.  top showed CPU utilization at only 10%

This is a very different error to what you first mentioned.

Pre-buffering error are reported by the player ; writeaudio buffer
underrun are reported by the audio layer...

For the later, I can only suggest that either you wait for 0.24, or
you try the current mythtv-hdaudio branch and see if you notice any
improvements.
This is likely to fix buffer underrun error, note that it will not fix
any "pre-buffering" issues which are not related to the audio code,
but how quickly or how well the data to be decoded reach the media
player.

Jean-Yves