[mythtv-users] upgrade options for hauppauge pvr 150

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu May 20 14:26:36 UTC 2010

On Thursday 20 May 2010 08:17:35 am Peter Abplanalp wrote:
> all,
>
> i have a dieing pvr 150 and was wondering what the upgrade options
> are.  ideally, i would like to replace it with another pvr 150 because
> i'm using the blaster on it to control a stb and wouldn't have to mess
> with changing that.  however, i can't find the card at any retailers.

Makes sense, it's no longer made.

You can at least partly blame your government, the FCC doesn't want analog
only devices being sold anymore.

> alternatively, does anyone on the list have an old pvr 150 that they'd
> part with due to upgrading to hd?

Might just keep an eye on E-Bay, I'm keeping mine as it's useful for grabbing
the SD output of an STB or satellite receiver, and copying old VHS tapes.

Be aware that the earlier PVRs did not have the IR blaster, and the PVRs came
in many different variants (some had FM tuners, some were low-profile, some had
the IR receiver and some did not etc.).

The PVR-500 is essentially 2 150s on a single card.