[mythtv-users] IPad and mythtv.

Scott pickle136 at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 20 20:42:30 UTC 2010

On 5/20/2010 4:32 PM, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 1:07 PM, Brian Wood<beww at beww.org>  wrote:

>>> Show me an all-in-one device with a touch screen and everything
>>> integrated that has the potential (potential being the key word) to be
>>> a myth frontend for around $500 or less.
>>>
>> Myth is not really designed for touch screens, so that's the part that would
>> be problematical, but I think many older laptops might be able to do what you
>> mention, for well under $500, at least for SD, as could at least some of the
>> Netbooks out there.
>>
> I'd argue that the Myth interface (being designed for a remote)
> translates very well to a touchscreen using button/menu style
> navigation and on-screen keyboards for data input.  That being said a
> true "mythfrontend" port to the iPad isn't likely but a frontend
> application accessing Myth content is certainly doable.
>
> Kevin

im running mythtv player on the pandora (same hw as the n900, but with
controls keyboard/touchcreen/analog nub for mouse)
mythtv player: http://www.sudu.dk/mythtvplayer/
pandora : http://www.open-pandora.org/

although ill admit the current state of the wifi doesnt work well with
the recording im trying to playback, but it works fine with a usb
ethernet adapter.
A usb wifi adapter has also reported faster speeds, i just dont have one.
But initial results look promising. (mythfrontend has been compiled for
ARM, havnt had time to try)