[mythtv-users] IPad and mythtv.

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu May 20 22:53:22 UTC 2010

Hi

On 20 May 2010 21:19, Christopher Kerr <mythtv at theseekerr.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 8:14 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Was just given an iPad for a work project. I think that it would make
>> a great front end.
>>
>> Has anyone started any work on porting mythtv to the iPad?
>
> Not as far as I know, but in the interim, you can get some useful
> functionality by combining the Air Video app with Mythlink. The PC
> server side takes a bit of effort to set up on linux (the Windows and
> Mac versions are easy), and it takes some fairly powerful hardware to
> transcode to H264 in realtime, but it works quite nicely.

I bought the Air Video App (amazing that you can buy stuff for only $3
and still see plenty of people complaining on how expensive it is)..
It's very nicely done.. The UI is great really, very polished and easy to use..

The server runs ffmpeg to convert the file. Streaming HD video looks
shocking though, while SD looks great and start quickly.

What did you do to get this app to work on the backend ?

Could probably add something on the myth backend side to emulate their
server ...

Jean-Yves