[mythtv-users] IPad and mythtv.

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat May 22 02:25:38 UTC 2010

Hi

On 22 May 2010 04:55, jedi <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:
>   Neglecting the fact that the iPad is locked down into Steves Walled
> Garden, the iPad itself has some severe limitations. Without hacks and
> workarounds, it's not really suitable as a "frontend" device. If it
> could do BD streaming and handle MPEG2 and divx as well then it would
> be another matter.
>
>   The shiny frontend is not quite enough.

You're very narrow minded here when it comes to technical solutions
around what the iPad supports.

>   A liberated JooJoo probably has more potential. The newer Archos
> tablets might also have some potential. An Android app might be useful
> if not now than in the near future when something catches up HW wise.

If you could go past your philosophical/emotional stance and stayed on
a technical level it would add much more to the discussion...

Seems to me you have yet to lay your hand on one, but didn't pass that
as it was made by Apple it must be bad ...
So only talking crap based on *facts* pulled out from where the sun
don't shine..