[mythtv-users] IPad and mythtv.

Christopher Kerr mythtv at theseekerr.com
Sat May 22 07:43:32 UTC 2010

On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 12:48 PM, Tortise <tortise at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> I get that the iPad might be made to play mythtv video (If anyone should
> know I expect JYA would) - but it only has a 1024x768 resolution (786,432
> pixels that are not all used in widescreen ~ 589,824 16:9 pixels available)
> screen, so why would I want to play 720p or 1080i on it - and lose all that
> detail?
> I agree it might be a nice large remote control for mythtv (for the visually
> impaired? = Oxymoron!), but does it add anything over mythdroid on a N1?
>  (384,000 pixels)

At that sort of screen size, you'd probably dump the remote control
metaphor in favour of "big buttons" frontend-style interface -
essentially a frontend on which you'd do everything except watch the
content. Menu navigation and the like has the potential to be much
quicker on a large touchscreen device.

- Chris