[mythtv-users] What's the frontend of choice these days?

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Sun May 23 15:32:51 UTC 2010

Hi Paul,

As far as I can tell all the ION based systems are much of a muchness
in performance (comparing either single- or dual-core versions).

Some of the systems come with noisier fans, some with IR receivers,
some without an OS; so it depends on your usecase.

I looked at all the options and selected an M350 case with a ZOTAC
ION-A board (dual-core), 2GB RAM, a fan speed adjuster, a
SATA-CompactFlash adapter and a 16GB high performance flash card. I
will add a bluetooth adapter and PS3 bluetooth remote soon.

I am looking to get the system a little quieter with a larger
slower/quieter fan on the CPU; but the system is quick to boot and
plays anything the my other mythfrontends can play; inc HD.

Like many other ion systems it can be mounted on the back of a
monitor; but gives a little more room for air and system changes; it
worked out (at the time) to be roughly the same price as a Acer
AspireRevo or Asus eee-box