[mythtv-users] mythconverg_restore.pl problem

Mike McMullin mmcmullin at cogeco.ca
Sun May 23 18:24:33 UTC 2010

  I'm trying to migrate from oS11.1 (0.21) to Ubuntu 10.04(0.23), I
have made a backup of the database and gone into Ubuntu , setup the
initial database, and then dropped it in mysql.  When I try and run the
mythconverg_resote.pl script I get the following error:

Configuring environment:
  -    username: mike
  -        HOME: /home/mike
  - MYTHCONFDIR: /home/mike/.mythtv

Parsing configuration files:
  - checking: /home/mike/.mythtv/config.xml
     parsing: /home/mike/.mythtv/config.xml
  - checking: /home/mike/.mythtv/backuprc
     parsing: /home/mike/.mythtv/backuprc

Applying command-line arguments.

Checking configuration.

Database Information:
         DBHostName: localhost
             DBPort: 0
         DBUserName: mythtv
         DBPassword: XXX
             DBName: mythconverg
        DBSchemaVer:
  DBBackupDirectory: /mnt/LinVideo/mythtv
   DBBackupFilename: mythconverg-1214-20100522154145.sql.gz
    create_database:

Executables:
       mysql_client: mysql
         uncompress: gzip -d

Miscellaneous:
    partial_restore: no
   restore_xmltvids: no
    change_hostname: no

Checking database.

Unable to connect to database.
           database: mythconverg
               host: localhost
           username: mythtv
           password: ifn4RAsh

Please check your configuration files to verify the database connection
information is correct.  The files that are used to retrieve connection
information are prefixed with "parsing" in the "Parsing configuration
files"
section of the --verbose output.

Also note that any [client] or [mysql] password specified in the MySQL
options
file (/etc/my.cnf or /etc/mysql/my.cnf or ~/.my.cnf) will take precedence
over
the password specified in the MythTV configuration files.

  Now what did I do?