[mythtv-users] Jamu not working with 0.23

Doug Vaughan r.d.vaughan at rogers.com
Sun May 23 18:35:37 UTC 2010

Ash,
    Lets take a step back as I do not remember how much information we
exchanged last time. You will need to add the full path to jamu but,
from a terminal please run
 > ./jamu -v

Assuming you are on MythTV 0.23 or higher also in a terminal do the
following:
 > python
 >>> import MythTV; MythTV.__version__

Ctrl-D to exit python.

In your response supply the following information:
1) The version number of Jamu from above and if you are using Mythtv
0.23 or higher, the response from the python "import MythTV;
MythTV.__version__" command
2) Your Linux distro and its version
3) The version of MythTV you are running.
4) Does Jamu run fine from the command line but "hang" ONLY in a cron job?
5) Did you install Mythbuntu if so then what version and do you
subscript to the "Daily Builds"?
6) Add a link to a recent Jamu -MWV log. Make sure it will be around for
at least a week.
7) If you are using trunk resync and compile. Within the last month
there was an issue with the new trunk python bindings which did not let
either Jamu or MiroBridge exit from time to time. That has been
subsequently fixed.

The continuous hang issue you have reported has not come up before from
any other users outside of what I described in my original response.
Right now I am at a complete loss for what may be causing this issue.

Doug