[mythtv-users] mythconverg_restore.pl problem

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun May 23 18:53:59 UTC 2010

On 05/23/2010 02:24 PM, Mike McMullin wrote:
>    I'm trying to migrate from oS11.1 (0.21) to Ubuntu 10.04(0.23), I
> have made a backup of the database and gone into Ubuntu , setup the
> initial database, and then dropped it in mysql.  When I try and run the
> mythconverg_resote.pl script I get the following error:

..
> Unable to connect to database.

> Please check your configuration files to verify the database connection
> information is correct.  The files that are used to retrieve connection
> information are prefixed with "parsing" in the "Parsing configuration
> files"
> section of the --verbose output.
>
> Also note that any [client] or [mysql] password specified in the MySQL
> options
> file (/etc/my.cnf or /etc/mysql/my.cnf or ~/.my.cnf) will take precedence
> over
> the password specified in the MythTV configuration files.

When you created the initial database using mc.sql, it set the password
for mythtv at localhost to mythtv.

So, if you try:

mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg

and then type in the (proper) password (which I've removed from the
output above), it won't connect.

If you try:

mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg

and then type in the password "mythtv", it will likely connect.

If so, you need to do:

cat<< "EOF" | mysql -uroot -p mysql
DELETE FROM user
  WHERE User = 'mythtv'