[mythtv-users] mythtv backend on lucid - going crazy here...

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun May 23 20:03:59 UTC 2010

Hi

On 23 May 2010 02:28, Phil Wild <philwild at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Had a major accident today and trashed the hard drive that mythtv was on...
> Actually, I just trashed /var/lib but as you can imagine it made a right
> mess of things.
>
> Now I should have had a backup but didn't so decided to install lucid ubuntu
> on a brand new drive and then overlay JYA's trunk packages.
>
> From what I can see, I can not find any sort of startup file to actually
> start the frontend.... What am I doing wrong?

There's no startup file to start the frontend.

The frontend is started by launching /usr/bin/mythfrontend which then
calls mythfrontend.real

mythtbuntu-frontend lunch mythfrontend in the X session if you're in
the group mythtv

> Which package provides the startup script for the backend?

10.04 use upstart now..
you start it with sudo service start mythtv-backend