[mythtv-users] 0.23 MythVideo + Renaming Files?

jason bright jaybright at gmail.com
Mon May 24 06:24:18 UTC 2010

(This is something dumb, but i've been through the docs and can't find it.)

I've upgraded to 0.23.  Running with default arclight.

In MythVideo, if i add new files they don't appear in the UI by default.
Scan for changes is required (correct).

I had some files that didn't match the naming conventions for the metadata
data grabbers. So i renamed them.

Scan for changes - the OLD filenames still appear in the UI.  Via a shell
i've confirmed they do have the new names in the filesystem.

I'm missing something basic here.  I remember seeing a post go by about
mythvideo maintaining checksums of files so they could be renamed without
loss of metadata.  It's obviously fighting me....     o_O

cheers - j