[mythtv-users] 0.23 MythVideo + Renaming Files?

Christopher Kerr mythtv at theseekerr.com
Mon May 24 08:54:46 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 4:24 PM, jason bright <jaybright at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm missing something basic here.  I remember seeing a post go by about
> mythvideo maintaining checksums of files so they could be renamed without
> loss of metadata.  It's obviously fighting me....     o_O

Bingo - someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I suspect that when
MythVideo first scans, it names the resulting entry by filename.

So in the database, you now have entries of the form

Name | Unique Hash | Filename

Old_Video_Name | 000001 | New_Video_Name.mkv

That said, I don't know if there's any easy way to fix this - manually
entering video titles through the UI is tedious at best. Maybe Jamu
could sort it out for you?

- Chris