[mythtv-users] 0.23 MythVideo + Renaming Files?

Jason Chambers lists at purplish-monkey.com
Mon May 24 09:51:45 UTC 2010

On 24/05/2010 09:54, Christopher Kerr wrote:
> So in the database, you now have entries of the form
>
> Name | Unique Hash | Filename
>
> Old_Video_Name | 000001 | New_Video_Name.mkv
>

> That said, I don't know if there's any easy way to fix this - manually
> entering video titles through the UI is tedious at best. Maybe Jamu
> could sort it out for you?

Two ways *without* using Jamu:

1. Metadata Options->Reset Metadata

Though this means you have to visit each file in MythVideo in turn,
which could be tedious if you have a large number.

2.  Move the files out of the MythVideo mounts/Storage Groups, scan for
changes, then move back again, scan for changes.

i.e make MythVideo think they have been deleted and then add them back
again.

Assuming all the affected files can be identified with a single shell
glob this is just two "mv" commands regardless of the number of videos.

Regards,
Jason