[mythtv-users] Google TV

Simon Kiteley simonkiteley at googlemail.com
Mon May 24 10:28:18 UTC 2010

On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 1:05 AM, E. Westbrook <mythtv-users at westbrook.com>wrote:

> On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 6:40 AM, Justyn Butler <
> justynbutler at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> Install a basic mythfrontend Android app on it and I've got my
>> mythical convergence box right there...
>>

> You just made me imagine a MythTV frontend ported to Android running on my
> Nexus One.  That would be super hot.  Okay time to wake up and get back to
> work.  :)
>
> EW

Wonder if the clever money might be on MythTV working with Google to make an
all powerful media centre. Would it be that difficult to make the mythTV
backend serve up convent in a way that the GoogleTV could use it as if the
content was being served from the internet? Suppose MythExport is most of
the functionality required. Just needs to be a bit more automated.