[mythtv-users] google tv

Simon Kiteley simonkiteley at googlemail.com
Mon May 24 10:47:46 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 8:59 PM, Yeechang Lee <ylee at pobox.com> wrote:

> Simon Kiteley <simonkiteley at googlemail.com> says:
> > Maybe a mash up of MythTV and GoogleTV would make the ultimate
> > system.
>
> I certainly wouldn't mind a Google-sponsored fork of the MythTV code
> with the company's trademark focus on usability.

Totally agree. Lots of brilliant people have contributed to the development
but it take a different kind of business mind to move quickly to something
that is idea for every day use. I think MythTV has made impressive progress
to this with the latest version but only a commercial 'type' approach will
really focus on getting what is really needed rather than adding new cool
features etc.