[mythtv-users] Myth ignores key input sometimes while playing video

Daniel O'Connor darius at dons.net.au
Mon May 24 14:16:26 UTC 2010

Hi,
I have a weird problem where myth ignores keyboard input while playing video.

In the menus it works fine, the mouse wheel still work, the remote still works, but no keyboard..

I don't think it's a keyboard focus issue because the mouse still works, although I am not sure how to be 100% sure.

Anyone have an idea how I can start debugging this?

This wasn't an issue but after updating to Ubuntu 9 I find the IR remote isn't reliably detected any more :(

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum