[mythtv-users] mythconverg_restore.pl problem

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon May 24 16:12:10 UTC 2010

On 05/24/2010 11:29 AM, Mike McMullin wrote:
> On May 23, 2010 07:37:19 pm Nick Rout wrote:

>>> That's a DB backup--likely created by some distro script.  Or it may be
>>> some "blank" DB that they've customized with certain values to make
>>> initial setup work better with their tools.
>>>
>> on *buntu its part of the package mythtv-database
>>
>> nick at media:~$ dpkg -S /usr/share/mythtv/sql/mythtv_0.23.0.sql
>> mythtv-database: /usr/share/mythtv/sql/mythtv_0.23.0.sql
>>
>    So is this the file to use as opposed to the mc.sql file?

No.  That backup is not an empty database schema.  You can only do a
full restore if you have an empty (no tables or data of any sort) database.

Since no one can figure out how to do this properly and since distros
aren't modifying mc.sql to work properly with their configuration of
MySQL, I'm doing an update to the restore script that doesn't use mc.sql
and will likely have it done in the next day or 2.

It will be available for download by anyone on any version of MythTV (as
described at the top of
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore ), but it will
likely only go into trunk.

Mike