[mythtv-users] MythMusic Interface

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Mon May 24 21:55:27 UTC 2010

> Hi,
>
> I know that there is a re-write of the UI for MythMusic. I trust this
> is going well.
>
> I think my main issue with the application is that it doesnt follow
> the conventions used by TV generally or even Myth within the rest of
> the (core) application.
> If MythMusic UI used the teletext buttons (red, green, yellow, blue)
> instead of 1,2,3 & 4 for navigation I think that would be a simple and
> quick fix.
>
> Although I guess not all remotes (ones not in the UK!) have these
> buttons; which may have been the reason for not selecting them in the
> first place.

Buttons can be mapped to whatever you want but only to the functionality
that exists in the first place - I think the whole interface is wrong WRT
the rest of MythTV.

When I'm watching a recording, I get to control it using obvious actions
such as pause, play, set bookmark, skip forward and back, fast forwards
and back - some of these actions already exist in the music plugin but
many don't or are useless (skip jumps about 3 seconds forward - not
exactly helpful on a 30 minute talking book track!! and the skip amount
can't be changed).

<rant>
And what's with the stupid buttons on the screen - I don't know about your
TV but mine isn't a touch screen. I know which button I pressed on the
remote - thats why I pressed it - I don't need a flicker on the screen
that I'm not looking at anyway (I'm looking at the remote remember?).
</rant>

I'm quite happy with the organisation of tracks and the meta data editing
and display but that remote control interface has got to go!!

Anyway, thats my 2c

--
Robin Gilks