[mythtv-users] MythMusic Interface

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Tue May 25 00:12:59 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 10:15 AM, Richard Morton
<richard.e.morton at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Buttons can be mapped to whatever you want but only to the functionality
>> that exists in the first place - I think the whole interface is wrong WRT
>> the rest of MythTV.
>
> sorry, yes. but the on-screen labels will still say 1.. 2.. 3.. 4..
> and not be labelled with colours..
>
> minor thing and just an idea.

Frankly I much prefer XBMC's music interface and I am happy to have a
menu link to xbmc for when I want to listen to music.

But I don't listen to a lot of music in that room, in my music rooms I
have a couple of squeezeboxes. TV interface can be nice, but when I am
listening to music, I find the screen distracting. People's eyes are
drawn to it instead of to the people they are supposed to be
conversing with.

It's like having the TV on during a dinner party!