[mythtv-users] mythtranscode drop-in replacement

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Tue May 25 01:47:53 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 1:43 PM, Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> wrote:
> * On Mon May 24, 2010 at 09:23:04PM -0400, Raymond Wagner wrote:
>> On 5/24/2010 21:17, Tom Sparks wrote:
>> >I am looking for a drop-in replacement that can update the database?
>
>> Write your own.  Just add a simple wrapper script around an existing
>> transcoding program, and include a couple lines using the perl/python
>> bindings to update the database as to the new location of the file
>> (preferably the same as the old location, but maybe with a different
>> extension).
>
> This is exactly why I made the commercial flagging and transcoding
> commands user-editable in the JobQueue.  I hoped someone would do
> something like this.  I've debated doing it myself to use HandbrakeCLI
> for the things I do transcode down, but have never got around to it.

Can someone be a bit more precise on what the wrapper needs to do?
Perhaps a python 'stub' transcoding command which does the database
manipulation and leaves a whole in the code where you [lug in your own
transcode command? Or is there some thing out there already that a
simple almost non-programmer can get their head around?