[mythtv-users] EyeTV announces something very similar to an HD-PVR

Bill Bogstad bogstad at pobox.com
Tue May 25 02:05:29 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 9:38 PM, Pest789 <pest789 at gmail.com> wrote:
> It'd be sweet if it got supported by Myth and became competition to
> drive down the pricing on both of them.

It doesn't appear to have anything other then stereo sound input so no
digital sound. It would be nice if it was Ethernet (like the
Silicondust HDHR) rather then USB connected, but I understand that
most people would actually prefer USB to Ethernet.  It's USB bus
powered.   It's interesting that the Elgato EyeTV PVR software that
they (include/sell separately) supports the HD-PVR and is the listed
third-party app for the Mac on the Hauppauge web site.

Bill Bogstad