[mythtv-users] mythconverg_restore.pl problem

Mike McMullin mmcmullin at cogeco.ca
Tue May 25 03:09:44 UTC 2010

On May 24, 2010 12:12:10 pm Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 05/24/2010 11:29 AM, Mike McMullin wrote:

> >> on *buntu its part of the package mythtv-database
> >>
> >> nick at media:~$ dpkg -S /usr/share/mythtv/sql/mythtv_0.23.0.sql
> >> mythtv-database: /usr/share/mythtv/sql/mythtv_0.23.0.sql
> >
> >    So is this the file to use as opposed to the mc.sql file?
>
> No.  That backup is not an empty database schema.  You can only do a
> full restore if you have an empty (no tables or data of any sort) database.
>
> Since no one can figure out how to do this properly and since distros
> aren't modifying mc.sql to work properly with their configuration of
> MySQL, I'm doing an update to the restore script that doesn't use mc.sql
> and will likely have it done in the next day or 2.
>
> It will be available for download by anyone on any version of MythTV (as
> described at the top of
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore ), but it will
> likely only go into trunk.

  This is a big problem that I had with oS, bad tweaks that were not properly
debugged.  Right now I have a number of issues with the upgrade and will work
through them as fast as I can, and of course ask for some thought when I get
lost.  Do you want a copy of that file sent to you directly so you can have a
look at it?