[mythtv-users] mythvideo storage groups

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Tue May 25 04:11:48 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 10:20 PM, Paul <mylists at wilsononline.id.au> wrote:
> just a quick question about MythVideo storage groups for current version
> 0.23.
>
> Q1. Is it working?

Define 'working' - I believe it still doesn't work with isos or
external players.

> Q2. if I add storage group do I need to add current location or just new
> location?

define 'current location' - if you have a current mythvideo directory
defined on the 'old' non SG basis and you want it to be a storage
group instead then I believe you have to

(a) define it as a SG
(b) remove the old setting
(c) scan for videos again (as they will now have a new 'location')

However you CAN mix and match storage groups and the 'old' way. People
can then keep their ISOS in the old system and other material in the
SG system. Of course the 'old' location still has to be mounted in the
same location on every front end...