[mythtv-users] HDPVR Causing Backend to Hard Freeze

Patrick McKinney mythtv at prmckinney.com
Tue May 25 04:51:50 UTC 2010

On 5/23/2010 9:43 PM, Jason Sharpe wrote:
> When one recording is ending on a tuner and another is beginning on my
> HDPVR my whole backend hard freezes requiring a push of the reset
> button for the PC to come back up.
>
> Details:
> HD Homerun using Tuner 0 (Over the Air ATSC)
> HDPVR and a Dishnetwork ViP 211k receiver (Component and SPDIF)
>
> Note: IR blasting is done via a homebrew serial blaster, I am _not_
> using the HDPVR for blasting.

I highly suggest moving from the homebrew serial IR blaster to the HDPVR
built in IR blaster.  I have the exact same setup, and had the exact
same problems.  I finally caught it live and saw that LIRC was throwing
some sort of error (sorry don't recall the details).  I switched over
the HVPVR IR blaster as a shot in the dark, and haven't had a lock-up
since (over two months now).

Patrick