[mythtv-users] Upgrade to 0.23 broke themes

Robert Siebert trebor_s at web.de
Tue May 25 07:47:24 UTC 2010

On Mon, 24 May 2010 23:56:38 -0700, DaveD <mythtv at guiplot.com> wrote:
> I upgraded my Fedora 11 system to 0.23 and the Metallurgy, Graphite,
> and Mythbuntu themes are broke; the selected text is invisible.  The
> Mythcenter and Terra themes are OK.  I've seen similar posts but no
> solution.  One post I saw said to delete the ~/.mythtv/themecache
> directory but that did not work for the OP nor did it work for me.
> Are these themes permanently broke?  Will they not be upgraded to work
> with 0.23?  (I really miss Titivillius, but I digress...)  Can someone
> point me at a page with instructions on how to make a theme?  I'm
> guessing it's a lot of work, considering the (relatively) small number
> to choose from and the fact that old themes didn't get ported, but it
> might just be worth it (I can't stand Terre (where the selected item
> is always in the middle) and Mythcenter reminds me too much of M$).
>
> Dave D.

Hi Dave,

have a look at the themes section. I use Blue Abstract
(http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Blue_Abstract_Theme). In my opinion its one
of the most modern looking and complete theme around. A new theme
version for trunk > 24740 will be released this week.

Other than that you can start http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Theme. At the
bottom are links to the theme development sections.

Best regards

Robert S