[mythtv-users] IPad and mythtv.

Scott Kidder kidder.scott at gmail.com
Tue May 25 18:49:10 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 11:39 AM, jedi <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:

>    How's the quality? Do you have copy of AirVideo to compare it with?

The quality is excellent, but of course it depends on how the content is
transcoded (codecs, bitrate, resolution, etc).  MythPodcaster comes
preconfigured with some transcoding profiles, but you can modify them
however you like to configure FFMpeg's operation.  Here are some of the
profiles:

http://code.google.com/p/mythpodcaster/wiki/TranscodingProfiles

>    What does it do with the commercials?

Commericals are included in the transcoded output.  I've had mixed results
with commercial-detection in MythTV, so I'd be reluctant to rely on it to
exclude sections of the program from the output encoding.

>    The Apple video player doesn't have very good skipping controls.

I've had pretty good results with navigating within a video stream,
especially when it has been encoded for Apple HTTP Live Streaming or
progressive-download (MOOV Atom at the front).

--Scott Kidder