[mythtv-users] IPad and mythtv.

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed May 26 06:58:30 UTC 2010

jedi wrote:

>     If you can't play what you record then it's a bit academic.

On the other hand, if you know you have a device that can't handle
every possible option, then you may choose to limit your options. Eg,
if you can't playback HD, then you may choose to only record SD.
In the UK, for FTA there are only a couple of HD channels, and AFAIK
they don't show anything not also broadcast on SD - so that wouldn't
be a big deal for many people.

As I've already mentioned, it would be interesting to see the results
when someone who knows the technicalities actually looks at the
device and what's available to the programmer (APIs etc) so we know
what it actually can and can't do - rather than what it's assumed it
can't do "because ARM can't handle that".
--
Simon Hobson