[mythtv-users] Issue with Exporting and Cutlist not observed

Bernard Giannetti thebernmeister at hotmail.com
Wed May 26 13:14:13 UTC 2010

> I see this issue has now resurfaced as ticket 8495.  I'm a regular user
> of MythArchive and I would suggest an approach that doesn't try to do
> everything all at once - at least until you have reached some
> familiarity with how it works.  I don't know what your recording format
> is, either.  But have you tried transcoding with the cutlist outside
> mytharchive?  It doesn't sound like it - playback when a cutlist exists
> will use it.  If and when you have the recording as you want it try
> MythArchive again, and create an iso image that you can test before
> trying to burn the DVD.  Then I use k3b to burn-and-verify.  Things may
> still go wrong, but at least you may have made progress and won't be in
> the all too familiar ' MythArchive failed with error 6' situation.
>
> John P

Thanks for the help.

I'm not trying to record/burn to a DVD.  I want to take a single recording, create the cutlist (which I've done and verified when I view the recording in MythTV) and then export, whilst retaining the cutlist.

Have I misunderstood the capability of MythArchive?  Will MythArchive take a recording and cutlist and write out a file that is smaller (with the cutlist bits removed)?  All I seem to get is the original sized recording as MPG, a PNG file and and XML file.

Don't know how to transcode outside of MythTV at all.  If I can use a command line version to create my reduced/trimmed recordings that would be great!