[mythtv-users] IPad and mythtv.

Francesco Peeters francesco at fampeeters.com
Wed May 26 14:29:24 UTC 2010

On 5/26/10 15:37 , jedi wrote:
> On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 08:34:24PM +1200, Steve Hodge wrote:

>>> saying

>>> iPad

>>>     If you can't play what you record then it's a bit academic.
>>>

>> So you're claiming that the iPad can't ever be used to play MythTV files
>> purely because the code doesn't currently exist? Because obviously the
>> hardware capabilities are sufficient for at least some people's setups. Your
>>
>     There's nothing obvious about it.
>
>     You're trying to stretch quite optimisitic assumptions and even then you
> are only talking about matching some hardware that is very much out of date
> and rather limited. Waste your time if you really insist. You're going to be
> disappointed when you see what the hardware is actually capable of.

And when will *you* realize that everybody has their own level of
expectation and requirements. Yours are apparently unrealistically high,
theirs are quite a bit more moderated...

If they are happy with the level of hardware they're comparing with, and
the iPad exceeds that, then who are you to tell them they're wrong in
being satisfied with that level of performance?
This isn't a contest about who is better or greater or has the longer...
ehh... breath! This is a discussion - where people can agree to disagree
- about whether some things are feasible, and under what conditions.

This particular case will not be possible under the conditions you are
trying to force on everyone else, but may just be (barely?) attainable
under JY's or Steve's conditions... (I can think of scenario's where it
would work, although some of those might require a "few changes" on the
backend...)
--
Francesco