[mythtv-users] OT: Why 3D TV won't work.

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Wed May 26 17:29:56 UTC 2010

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 10:26 AM, Douglas Peale
<Douglas_Peale at comcast.net> wrote:
> You do realize that everyone spends all day every day viewing 3D content. Real life is in 3D.
> If young people can handle 3D longer than older, than the one thing that is different from Real life in 3D TV, the focus
> distance, is not the problem. Us old guys can only focus at one distance anyway. The only thing left then to cause problems, is
> mistakes in the photography. Just because they are doing it wrong now does not mean they won't learn to do it right in the future.

I don't think this is a fair comparison.  You are talking about
perceiving 3D from a 2D image or seeing 3D in a real 3D environment.
I would imagine the tricks to convince the eye and brain that
something is in 3D for the former is much different than the natural
way the brain has been trained through millions of years to perceive
3D in the world around us.