[mythtv-users] OT: Why 3D TV won't work.

Deyan mythtv at bektchiev.net
Wed May 26 18:06:01 UTC 2010

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 10:59 AM, Douglas Peale
<Douglas_Peale at comcast.net> wrote:
> On 05/26/2010 10:52 AM, jedi wrote:

>>> How is it different? In real life, each eye gets a slightly offset view of the real world. In 3D TV, each eye gets a slightly
>>
>>     Probably something along the lines of how people can pick up on the fact
>> that a complex CGI scene just isn't quite right become some little detail was
>> off. 3D cinema is a simulation. It doesn't even work for everyone and for others
>> it works but with headaches and such.
>
> That can be classed as "mistakes in photography", not a flaw in 3D TV itself. Bad audio can give one headaches as well, but I
> don't see people blaming the technology for that.
IMHO 3D TV is different because the perception is very dependent on
the distance the two cameras are located from each other. Each person
has different distance between the two eyes and his/her brain is used
to interpreting the 3D picture based on that distance. So until you
come with a technology that can give you that same adjustment you will
have very few people that are lucky and they have the "average"
distance that the cameras are located one from another and the rest
that have all sorts of issues with 3D TV.