[mythtv-users] Issue with Exporting and Cutlist not observed

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Thu May 27 07:26:29 UTC 2010

On 27/05/10 05:55, Nick Rout wrote:
> On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 11:34 PM, John Pilkington<J.Pilk at tesco.net>  wrote:

>>> I think you're supposed to hit C in the first screen--where you see the
>>> scissors.
>>>
>>> Mike
>>
>> I see this issue has now resurfaced as ticket 8495.  I'm a regular user of
>> MythArchive and I would suggest an approach that doesn't try to do
>> everything all at once - at least until you have reached some familiarity
>> with how it works.  I don't know what your recording format is, either.  But
>> have you tried transcoding with the cutlist outside mytharchive?
>
> Your advice is contrary to the manual.
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Removing_Commercials says
>
> " Transcoding Recordings
>
> The transcoder re-encodes files from one MythTV format to another.
> There are two reasons to transcode
>
>     1. Allow users to create MPEG-4 streams to save space.
>     2. Physically cut the commercials or video segments from the recordings.
>

> Note: This is not used for creating MPEGs for burning to DVD as you
> will get audio video sync issues, especially with DVB recordings. You
> need to use MythArchive for this or manually with Project X and DVD
> Author."

I never saw this issue.  I used to use mencoder to select the video and
main audio streams, then mythtranscode to apply the cutlist, then
MythArchive.  Now I use Project-X to select streams and apply the
cutlist, then MythArchive with Project-X to create the iso image.  Both
systems work with flawless input but the second copes better with OTA
imperfections.  More info in trac and wiki.  But it seems that the OP
just wanted to apply the cutlist.