[mythtv-users] Compiling 0.23-fixes on Fedora 13

Erik Sejr esejr at wildroseinternet.ca
Thu May 27 15:50:05 UTC 2010

Hi,
I'm just wondering if anyone else has tried this. I just recently upgraded
my F12 system to F13, did a svn update on the 0.23-fixes branch and
attempted to recompile. GCC 4.4.4 seems to have some issues compiling
iso639.cpp. On my system anyway it goes into an infinite loop once it
reaches this file.

I've seen problems like this before relate to compiler optimizations. I
altered config.mak after the configure script had run and changed OPTFLAGS=
-fomit-frame-pointer -O3 to OPTFLAGS= -fomit-frame-pointer -O1. It compiled
successfully.

I'm curious if this is an issue specific to my system or if others running
F13 and this version of GCC have seen this?

Thanks.