[mythtv-users] Correctly behaving 576i (or 480i) from vdpau-capable chip?

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Thu May 27 22:52:06 UTC 2010

Paul Gardiner wrote:
>> Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
>>> I would still use the Advanced 2X vdpau deinterlacers and see how it
>>> looks for you.. I'm sure you will be surprised.
>>
>> Tried it now, and it's not as good.
>
> Actually, after that long winded explanation, I'm not sure
> if I really have tried it yet. The evidence from studying
> my verious Xorg logs suggest that I may not have managed
> to yet trick my ION into producing a 50Hz mode. So all
> that I said before is potentially rubbish.

Ok. I finally got 1080p50 out of my ION board, and you
are right; Advanced 2X vdpau is doing a brilliant job. I'm
still using IFG, but that gives just as smooth results
with Myth doing the deinterlacing. Possibly it's a little
better - difficult to be sure. It's certainly good enough.
I don't need better than this. I still want to try using
576i just to see how it compares, but my one success in
generating that mode gave all green and magenta colors.

One oddity is Myth seems to be darker than anything else,
which is going to be a pain when I try to calibrate the TV.

Paul.