[mythtv-users] Series and episode numbers in recorded TV using Freeview in UK

Simon Kiteley simonkiteley at googlemail.com
Fri May 28 14:46:51 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 3:18 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> If you have a listings source that provides series and episode sequence
> numbers and you want that information available, you'll need to modify the
> database schema to provide a location for the values, modify
> mythfilldatabase to store the values, modify MythTV to pass the values
> (which will need to be done in trunk, since there's been a refactor of the
> ProgramInfo passing since 0.23), and modify MythTV to make that value
> available for the theme (modify the program map and the theme XML parsing).

UK Freeview OTA services do provide this information. Well an ID to
identify a set of programs are in the same series and also some way of
identifying one event is a repeat of another for alternate recordings
(but not sure if this is an episode number of some random value).

However all the stuff you have described above would mean I'd probably
get completely lost at the first step and by the time I'd researched
it all... old and grey ;)

So does mythfilldatabase take the stuff on the stream and stick it in
the database or is it more for getting things from the internet?

Would someone know of a good tool just for looking at the DVB-T stream
so I can see whats on it?