[mythtv-users] Little band of distortion on top of some SD LiveTV playback

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Fri May 28 23:42:44 UTC 2010

>> *Some* SD stations on LiveTV have band of static/distortion at the top of
>> the screen - a few pixels in height.
>
> Try setting Vertical Scaling to 2.  Worked for me for
> playback of recordings of what you're describing.
>
> See: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/437565

Doh! All those years of traning my brain to ignore those top two rows
of VBI data... Would be nice if there were some way crop the VBI bits
off of SD broadcasts only without losing 2 rows of dots from HD
recordings. Is there any easy way to define a unique vertical scaling
setting that would only impact SD resolution and aspect ratio
recordings?

-Ross