[mythtv-users] mythtv-setup over VNC with minimal setup has tiny text problem

Robert Charm bobcharm at gmail.com
Sat May 29 01:54:56 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 3:32 PM, Robert Charm <bobcharm at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am setting up a minimal mythtv backend to run my HD Home Runner from, but
> I am running into an issue with using mythtv-setup.  I have the minimal
> packages needed to install the mythtv-backend and I am using RealVNC for the
> temporary windowing system to run mythtv-setup, but the text (font?) is too
> tiny to read: (screenshot)
>
> http://img27.imageshack.us/i/mythtvsetuptiny.png/

Doh!  I just figured out what I did wrong.  I accidentally skipped the
database creation step:

  mysql -u root -p < /usr/share/doc/mythtv-docs-0.23/database/mc.sql

As soon as I created the database my screen text is now the appropriate
size.  I am curious how the database not being setup would cause the tiny
text issue I was seeing.  Anyway, problem solved.