[mythtv-users] What does vdpaucolorspace=itu601 do?

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Sat May 29 07:59:08 UTC 2010

I've just joined the wonderful world of vdpau and I'm
trying to tweak out every last bit of quality from it. I'm
confused though about the vdpaucolorspace setting. From
what I can find on the web, itu601 doesn't define a single
color space. There are all sorts of them, and particularly
PAL and NTSC differ. Is that right?

Does the itu601 setting refer to the NTSC color space?

Does auto mean use itu709 for HD and whatever itu601 is
for SD?

I'm in the UK, and all my SD content is supposedly PAL.
 From what I read, PAL and itu709 are almost identical,
so should I be using vdpaucolorspace=itu709?

Paul.