[mythtv-users] nVidia's SD processing better than Panasonic's (was LED or Plasma)

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Sun May 30 15:01:22 UTC 2010

On 30 May 2010, at 15:38, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> Hi
>
> On 31 May 2010 00:32, Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net> wrote:
>>
>> Anyway, all sorted. I'm now getting a superb picture.

Very surprised that VDPAU on an ION gives better pictures than the internal tuner, great to finally hear some "better than my TV" posts than the more usual "nearly as good as my TV".

> Too bad the ION can't do Temporal Spatial 2X ...

I think Paul only has SD so it can for his needs.

> And it looks like the ion2 can't either ...

Ah, I was suspecting that and I'd been hoping to replace my big(ish) noisy(ish) underclocked C2D & GT220 with something small and silent :-(

Why have Nvidia bothered to develop features like TS 2x when they release a whole bunch of supposedly HTPC chips that almost but not quite manage to run it, even for 50hz markets, makes no sense to me.