[mythtv-users] Way to change default TV schedule displayed?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon May 31 00:37:40 UTC 2010

On 05/30/2010 04:55 PM, mythtv at twobikes wrote:
> Is there a way to change the default schedule that displays when
> viewing live TV? I've searched through the various menus and cannot
> find anything like this. I can change the schedule to my custom one
> from the keyboard just fine.
>
> My default schedule has all the channels in the lineup, many which are
> additional subscription. I've created another schedule with the
> channels I actually get, which I'd like to default on entry to TV
> viewing.
>
> I know I can remove channels from the backend setup. But I'd like to
> keep the default full lineup, for occasional checking if there are
> shows on other subscriptions that would make it worthwhile to
> subscribe to them.
>
> I'm ready to hack the DB if that will do this and there is no 'proper
> way'.
>
> Thanks for your ideas.

You mean the channel group?

Remember last channel group
If enabled, the EPG will initially display only the channels from the
last channel group selected. Pressing "4" will toggle channel group.

Default channel group
Default channel group to be shown in the the EPG Pressing GUIDE key will
toggle channel group.

both in Utilities/Setup|Setup|TV Settings|General (near the end)

Mike