[mythtv-users] Which is better to try, 0.24-rc1 or 0.24-fixes?

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon Nov 1 05:50:15 UTC 2010

On 10/31/2010 23:51, Shocky wrote:
> I'd like to try out some of the new features in 0.24. Would I be better off
> trying 0.24-fixes, and updating periodically as things get fixed, or should I
> just stick to 0.24-rc1? Or should I go with trunk?

0.24-fixes is a branch, and will continually receive patches.  0.24-rc1
is one point release on that branch.  The final 0.24 release will be
another point release on that branch.  Trunk has been in feature freeze
for some time in preparation for 0.24, and is relatively stable, however
there are several changes planned for 0.25, and you likely don't want to
be running it after the release of 0.24.