[mythtv-users] mythbackend crashes every 6-7 hours

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Nov 1 11:38:48 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-11-01 at 01:21 -0700, Gavin Hurlbut wrote:

> It is NOT leaking any significant memory.

Dude, he only ran it for 5 minutes.  If you know anything about
debugging memory leaks you would know that running for a mere 5 minutes
tells you nothing.

> You have now sufficiently
> proven it beyond the shadow of a doubt.

I'd hardly go that far with results for a 5 minute test.

Why are you so resistive to the idea that there might be a memory leak
in mythttv?  What do you have invested that will go afoul if one is
found?

Are you just so much of a cheerleader that it will crush you to discover
that there might be a bug somewhere?  Keep an open mind.

> It is telling you that 4.5kB
> of memory are "definitely lost" and 209kB of memory are "possibly
> lost".

In just 5 minutes of running!  And given that it was only 5 minutes it
was probably 5 minutes of only doing nothing significant.

b.