[mythtv-users] Myth and E-Books ?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Nov 1 13:37:46 UTC 2010

On Monday, November 01, 2010 05:10:39 am Corne Beerse wrote:

> For e-readers like the ipad: they should get their implementation of the
> general frontend.

I wouldn't call an iPad an e-reader. It's a crippled general purpose machine, without enough processing power to handle
much in the way of video in software, and no acceleration available that would allow it to operate as a full frontend.

While you could read an e-book on an iPad, you could also do so with a Blackberry, or a Cray-2, that doesn't make either
of those devices an e-book reader.

The iPad tries to do so many things that it winds up doing all of them poorly. I doubt that it would make a very good Myth
frontend.

There are several Android-based tablets with 7" to 8" screens that might do better, and they cost a LOT less than the
over-priced iPad. I've seen them from $100 to $200.