[mythtv-users] PCI-E Firewire Interface Suggestions

Mon Nov 1 17:52:16 UTC 2010

Can anyone give me any PCI-E firewire interfaces that works well with
linux/myth?   I have bought a couple of ebay specials that use the via
chipset and both have a issue of working for a while and then the Node info
disappears or come up using a different node number when using the same
port, then being marked as down in mythtv.   I have been looking at TI and
LSI chipsets but can't find a definitive answer as to if there is a better
supported card/chipset.