[mythtv-users] mythbackend crashes every 6-7 hours

Rob Verduijn rob.verduijn at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 19:32:33 UTC 2010

Ok for the hardware setup

2 x hauppauge 150
4Gb ram
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+
GeForce 6100   (nvidia nforce chipset don't know which one)
2x256Gb hd

the system uses nouveau drivers
no nvidia binary drivers have been installed because it is a headless
system.

/boot 100mb ext4 sda1
a lvm2 volumegroup system takes up the remainder of the free space
sdb has one single partition that is part of the volumegroup system
system-root / 20Gb ext4
system-swap 2Gb swap
system-data2 /data2 443Gb XFS

system-data2 is used for the recordings.
There is 59Gb free space left on that partition
No redundancy has been provided because I  don't care about the local data.

The mythtv mysql database runs on a remote system
There are 3 samba mounts to a remote system
/data
/music
/foto

1 nfs3 mount
/home

I make use of mythweb as wel on this system
service that are also run on this system
smb,nmb,winbind,ntp,apache2,udev,hald,smartd,cron,cups,syslog,rpcbind,audit

no dhcp
no mysql

the mythtv user runs the following cron jobs
## fetch tv programm guide
1 6 * * *  /usr/bin/mythfilldatabase --refresh-today
## cleanup cronjobs
1 3 * * * /usr/bin/perl
/usr/share/doc/packages/mythtv-docs/contrib/maintenance/
flush_deleted_recgroup.pl
1 2 * * * /usr/bin/perl
/usr/share/doc/packages/mythtv-docs/contrib/maintenance/myth.find_orphans.pl--dbhost=172.16.1.4
--dodelete --dodbdelete
1 1 * * * /usr/bin/perl
/usr/share/doc/packages/mythtv-docs/contrib/maintenance/optimize_mythdb.pl

I don't have any regular recordings at the moment.
 (kinda hard to schedule when mythbackend keeps crashing)
I'm usually only record movies that I wish to see later.
I don't watch HD tv.

Any more details will be provided on request
Rob Verduijn