[mythtv-users] Cheap Remote and blaster

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 03:43:02 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 10:18 PM, mike at grounded.net <mike at grounded.net> wrote:
>> Jump points need to be configured for things like this.  To my
>> knowledge there are none by default, but they are simple to setup.
>> Once this is done, you can map all of the unused keys to single
>> keypresses or custom jump point routines, etc...
>>
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Jump_points
>
> ROFL, nothing's easy to understand with Myth. So many things to know to everything work right. Whew.
> Ok, thanks for the link, now I need to learn about jump points in order to press Pictures on my menu to have the server change my screen from say Live TV to the Images Gallery, or what ever it's called.

Like it has been stated numerous times, mythtv is a power-user
recording/playback system.  Seriously though, that link points you to
your mythweb setup on the remote code and jumppoint screen.  Once you
look at it - it's very easy to follow, and will probably make all of
this make more sense  :)

It's all worthwhile when you get it going.  ust make sure and back up
your database when it is tweaked the way you want it.