[mythtv-users] BBC One HD to start in test at least on 3rd November.

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Wed Nov 3 15:06:19 UTC 2010

On 3 Nov 2010, at 13:54, David Knight wrote:

> On Wed, November 3, 2010 9:32 am, Andre wrote:
>>
>> On 3 Nov 2010, at 09:20, Richard Morton wrote:
>>
>>> I rescanned existing transports this morning at around 815am, no luck
>>> unfortunately.
>>
>> Currently BBC ONE HD is labelled as 6941, sometime today I expect it will
>> change to BBC ONE HD.
>>
>> I have manually changed my label and after a short while I get the eit
>> epg, currently it's disabled after a couple of recordings yesterday chose
>> BBC ONE HD as the best option and I got an hour or two of the test
>> transmission, red circling hippos etc... :-(
>>
>> Andre
>
> Happened to me as well - I populated the XMLTV ID and turned on EIT and it
> populated listings for BBC ONE HD so I got 45 minutes of test transmission
> instead of Merlin on Saturday :( - now disabled until properly
> transmitting.

It seems safe now, today's epg (eit anyway) doesn't have any shows in it until they launch, assuming that all goes well it should be ok. I've spent some hours changing a load of BBC HD only rules to be any channel so I don't miss anything.

I seem to be getting BBC ONE and BBC ONE HD scheduled for the same show, which I'm happy with for now, just in case they have some "issues". It's likely I will just disable BBC One when One HD is running nicely rather than making them all the same to resolve the dual scheduling. When ITV HD launched I just deleted the regular ITV, don't need that anymore :-))

Andre